80G registration is obtained by Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs). They need it to assure their donors about income tax benefits of donation. Section 80G allows donors to deduct their donations from their Gross Total Income. Therefore, it is also known as 80G registration.
The registration takes place according to section 80G (5) (vi) of the Income Tax Act. It is beneficial for both the NGO as well as the donor. For the NGO, it is beneficial because it is able to attract more donors with the promise of tax deductions. It benefits the donors because they are able to reduce their tax liability by donating money.
PocketLawyer is India's leading platform for Business Registration, Tax Registration and NGO Registration services. We make the process of 80G Registration easy and hassle-free for you. In addition to 80G Registration, PocketLawyer can also help you with Trust Registration, Society Registration, Section 8 Company Registration and more.
Conditions for 80G Registration
For registration under this Section and to obtain 80G certificate, your NGO must fulfil the following conditions:
- It should not have any income from the business.
- It should be either a:
- public charitable trust
- registered society
- university or other recognized educational institute, or
- Government financed institution.
- The rules governing it should not allow the NGO to use its assets or income for any purpose other than charity.
- It should maintain proper records of its receipts as well as its expenditure.
- It should not work for the benefit of a particular caste or religion.
- If it has any business income, it should maintain separate accounts for it. Further, it should not use the donations received by it for such business. It should also issue a certificate to the donor, stating the same.
Documents for 80G Registration
For a smooth and seamless registration process, keep the below documents handy:
- Self-attested copies of MOA or trust deed.
- Proof of registered office. For example, a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the landlord.
- PAN Card of your NGO.
- A copy of utility bills such as water bill, electricity bill or house tax receipts.
Form 10G provided by us, duly filled in.
- Evidence of welfare activities performed, either since it started or during the last 3 years.
- Books of accounts, Income Tax Returns and the Balance Sheet for last 3 years or since it started.
- List of donors.
- PAN as well as the address of donors.
- Names of trustees and board members.
Fee for 80G Registration
The government fee for registration is Rs. 2000 for urban areas. For rural areas, the fee is Rs. 1000. Moreover, the professional fee will vary as per your needs.
Timeline for Registration under Section 80G
It takes anywhere between 50-80 days to complete the entire process.
Why choose PocketLawyer for 80G Registration?
- Experienced and qualified professionals with 12 years of average experience.
- Access to highly qualified professionals anytime, anywhere in India.
- Fixed price. No hidden fees or long-term commitment.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Our money back guarantee makes sure that you get complete satisfaction, every time you choose our services.
What is more?
- Our dedicated support team is always there to help you with any query or issue that you may have.
- Choosing PocketLawyer means the best service, at the best price.