Audit of Charitable Trust
Audit of charitable trust refers to the compulsory audit that a trust has to go through if its income exceeds the taxable limit. So, your trust is exempt from audit if its income is less than the taxable limit in the Previous Year.
PocketLawyer is India's leading platform for auditing services and we make the process of Audit of Charitable Trust easy and hassle-free for you. In addition to Audit of Charitable Trust PocketLawyer can also help you with Secretarial Audit, Statutory Audit, Forensic Audit, Tax Audit, Internal Audit, Audit of Cooperative Society and more.
What is a Charitable Trust?
A trust with the main object of benefiting the community or public at large. A trust is charitable only if it has the following objects.
- Relief of the poor
- Medical Relief
- Working for other objects of general public utility
This definition is only inclusive. So, other functions relating to public utility may also be considered as charitable. But, such purpose must be impersonal as well as public in nature. The object of the trust and the scope of benefit to public are relevant here.
Who performs audit of charitable trust?
A qualified Chartered Accountant can perform this audit.
What is the Procedure of Charitable Trust Audit?
It involves the following steps.
- Examination of accounts and other details.
- Forming an audit opinion.
- Preparing an audit report.
What documents do I need?
You will need to give the auditor access to following details and documents.
- Objectives and by-laws of the trust.
- Balance Sheet.
- Details of income and expenses during the audit period.
- Profit and Loss account.
- Details of application of income for charitable or non-charitable purposes.
How much time does it take?
There is no fixed timeline. But, the audit return needs to be submitted before 30th September of the relevant Assessment Year.
Why Choose PocketLawyer for Charitable Trust Audit?
- Experienced and qualified professionals with 12 years of average experience.
- Access to highly qualified professionals anytime, anywhere in India.
- Fixed price. No hidden fees or long-term commitment.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Our money back guarantee makes sure that you get complete satisfaction, every time you choose our services.
What is more?
- Our dedicated support team is always there to help you with any query or issue that you may have.
- Choosing PocketLawyer means the best service, at the best price
Most importantly, we deliver what we promise. On time, every time.