A consultancy agreement takes places between a consultant and a client. It is a binding legal document which is applicable to all parties which enter into it. Usually, there are two parties to it out of which one is the consultant and the other is the client receiving consultancy.
PocketLawyer does not believe in using boilerplate templates. Every agreement drafted by PocketLawyer is tailor made to fit the exact needs of the client. PocketLawyer understands that no two consultancy agreement is the same and aims to draft each such agreement from the scratch keeping in mind the needs of the client.
Who is it for?
You need it if you are a:
- Consultant, or
- The person receiving consultancy services
Benefits of Consultancy Agreement
It is equally important for the consultant as well as the client. It has the following benefits.
- Establishing a time frame for delivering services
- Ensuring regular and timely payments
- Providing remedies for future disputes, if any
- Fixing expectations and responsibilities between the parties
- Avoiding potential hassles resulting from a lack of contract
Drafting a Consultancy Agreement
Given below are the important clauses that should be present in this agreement.
Sometimes, consultant may come to know confidential information about client's business in the course of providing their services. Therefore, it is wise to include this clause in the agreement to avoid disclosure of confidential information.
2. Non-Compete Clause
This clause prevents the consultant from providing similar services to a rival during the course of engagement with the client.
3. Scope of work
This clause will define the services to be provided in detail. It sets clear expectations from the consultant.
This clause defines the amount and mode of payment. It also specifies the schedule of payment.
5. Ownership of work
This clause specifies the ownership of final deliverable. It defines who will be the rightful owner of the work.
It defines the circumstances due to which the agreement may be canceled. It also defines compensation to be paid on cancellation, if any.
Procedure for custom-drafted Agreement
- Initial consultation and discussion
- The Expert will draft customized contract with placeholders for custom fields.
- The first draft will be shared in three (3) days
- Two round of changes to the first draft.
Charges for Consultancy AgreementFee for preparing a consultancy agreement starts from Rs. 3999.
Why Choose PocketLawyer for drafting Agreement?
- Experienced and qualified professionals with 12 years of average experience.
- Access to highly qualified professionals anytime, anywhere in India.
- Tailor-made agreement to fit the exact needs of clients
- Fixed price. No hidden fees or long-term commitment.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Our money back guarantee makes sure that you get complete satisfaction, every time you choose our services.
What is more?
- Our dedicated support team is always there to help you with any query or issue that you may have.
- Choosing PocketLawyer means the best service, at the best price.