Contract Labour Registration
Contract Labour registration in India takes place under the Contract Labour Act, 1970. The main aim of this act is to stop the exploitation of contract labour. It also intends to provide better conditions of work for workers under contract.
This act will apply to every principal employer and contractor who employs more than 20 workers under contract. Moreover, the employer or contractor will have to comply with this act even if more than 20 workmen were employed only for a day in last 12 months.
The registration takes place under the labour department of the concerned state. However, the basic procedure as well as the documents remain more or less the same.
Features of Contract Labour Registration
- It is compulsory.
- An employer cannot hire contract labour without getting registered first.
- Employer also faces prison as well as fine for not complying with the act.
- Registration makes the principal employer responsible for issuing employment card and paying wages to workmen.
- Employer also needs to provide various other facilities to workmen. For instance, a canteen, crèche, drinking water, toilets, and first aid.
- It does not apply to casual or intermittent labour.
Documents for Contract Labour Registration
There is a separate registration procedure for Principal Employers and Contractors. Whether you are a principal employer or a contractor, please keep the following documents ready for a smooth registration process:
- Photograph of the premises.
- Identity proof.
- DIN/PAN card.
- Bank name.
- Joint undertaking by principal employer and contractor.
- Form V (for contractor).
- Copy of agreement between principal employer and contractor.
Fee for Contract Labour Registration
There is separate government fee for the principal employer and contractor registration. It varies with the state and also with the number of workmen. The government fee starts from Rs. 170 (in some states) and the professional fee starts from Rs. 3000
Timeline for Contract Labour Registration
We will file your application within 2 business days of receiving all relevant details from your end. Further, the average government processing time for registration 30 business days.
How PocketLawyer Can Help?
Do you need any help with getting contract labour registration for your business? You can find a one-stop hassle free solution at PocketLawyer.
At PocketLawyer, you can post your requirement and get the best price quotation of lawyers as well as other professionals. These professionals are experts in labour laws and can provide you with their best services at affordable price.
Need any further help? Contact us now.