A court marriage takes place according to the law, as opposed to religious ceremonies.
PocketLawyer is India's leading platform to connect professionals and users. We make the entire court marriage procedure hassle-free for you.
Who can do it?
Any couple where the groom is at least 21 years old and the bride is at least 18 years old. There are some other conditions too.
- No party should have a living spouse at the time of marriage.
- None of the parties should have an unsound mind, epilepsy, insanity, or any other mental disorder.
- The bride and groom should not be within prohibited relationship with each other.
Who performs the marriage?
The SDM/ADM or Deputy Commissioners of a city act as marriage officers and perform the marriage.
What Documents do I need?
- Application form filled and signed by both the bride and the groom.
- Receipt of payment of fee.
- Separate affidavits from bride and groom. They need affidavits for DOB, marital status, and relationship with each other.
- 2 attested passport sized photos (each) of the bride and the groom.
- Copy of divorce decree/order or death certificate (if applicable).
- Proof of date of birth (DOB) such as copies of matriculation certificate or passport.
- Proof of stay in the particular district for more than 30 days. You can submit documents like Ration Card or a report from the local SHO.
What is the Fee?
It starts from as low as Rs. 15. The professional fee starts from Rs 5000.
How much time does it take?
A minimum of 30 days. In cases of objection, it may take as long as 60 days.
Why choose PocketLawyer for Court Marriage?
- Experienced and qualified professionals with 12 years of average experience.
- Access to highly qualified professionals anytime, anywhere in India.
- Fixed price. No hidden fees or long-term commitment.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Our money back guarantee makes sure that you get complete satisfaction, every time you choose our services.
What is more?
- Our dedicated support team is always there to help you with any query or issue that you may have.
- Choosing PocketLawyer means the best service, at the best price