Emigration is the process of leaving a country for overseas employment. The employment may or may not be bound by an agreement. It may be with or without assistance from the recruiting agent (RA) or the employer. To emigrate to another country, you need emigration clearance from the Protector General of Emigrants.
Who is an employer?
Any person who either provides or offers to provide employment outside India.
Who is a Recruiting Agent?
Any person in India who makes recruitment on behalf of or for an Employer.
Are all types of employment covered by Emigration?
In India, the Emigration Act governs the process of emigration. It covers the following services.
- Unskilled work which includes industrial or agricultural labour
- Domestic services.
- Services in a hotel (other than as a manager)
- Work as a driver.
- Office assistant/typist/salesman etc.
- Work in connection with cinema or entertainment.
- Any other such work that the Central Government may notify.
Does everyone need Emigration Clearance?
No. Only those persons who are in the Non-ECNR categories need it. At present, there are 13 categories of ECNR persons. These persons do not need emigration clearance.
Moreover, there are 174 countries for which you do not need Emigration Clearance (ECNR Countries). These countries are known as ECNR countries. There are 13 Emigration Clearance Required (ECR) countries for which you need it.
What is the process of Emigration Clearance?
It involves the following steps.
- Register on the eMigrate website.
- Pay the fee.
- Upload documents.
- Obtain insurance.
- Sign the application with digital signature.
- Verify the application.
- Obtain clearance.
What documents do I need?
Semi-skilled or skilled workers need the following documents.
- Passport with a minimum validity of six months
- Valid employment visa
- Employment Contract signed by Foreign Employer
- Challan as proof of depositing prescribed fee
- Insurance policy from any of the listed companies under PBBY.
Unskilled workers need the following additional document.
- Employment Contract signed by the Foreign Employer or Permission Letter from the Indian Mission/Post. The contract must be duly attested by the Indian Mission/Post.
What is the fee?
The application fee is Rs. 200. There is separate fee for visa application and insurance policy premium.
Why Choose PocketLawyer for Emigration Clearance?
- Experienced and qualified professionals with 12 years of average experience.
- Access to highly qualified professionals anytime, anywhere in India.
- Fixed price. No hidden fees or long-term commitment.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Our money back guarantee makes sure that you get complete satisfaction, every time you choose our services.
What is more?
- Our dedicated support team is always there to help you with any query or issue that you may have.
- Choosing PocketLawyer means the best service, at the best price
Most importantly, we deliver what we promise. On time, every time.