ESI stands for Employee's State Insurance. The ESI Act, 1948 governs ESI registration in India. It is a scheme of Indian government which protects the health and ensures social security of Indian workers. The employer contribution to the ESI fund is 4.75 % of wages and employee contribution is 1.75. Thus the total contribution is 6.5 % of wages.
PocketLawyer is India's leading platform for Government registrations & licenses. We make the process of ESI Registration/PF Registration easy and hassle-free for you. In addition to ESI/PF Registration, PocketLawyer can also help you with FSSAI License & Registration, Shop License, Import Export Code, GST Registration, Trade License Registration, SSI/MSME Registration and more.
Features of ESI Registration
- It is mandatory for every employer employing more than 10 employees (20 employees in some states).
- It is applicable to every employee earning Rs. 21,000 or less per month as wages.
- The employer must make his due contribution every before the 21st day of every month.
- Employees receive several benefits such as medical treatment for themselves as well as their dependents, disability benefits, cash benefits, maternity benefits, and family pension.
- Every organization covered by ESI must file an annual return.
- An ESI covered organization must also file a contribution return every six months.
- After registration, the organization will receive a 17-digit unique code.
Documents for ESI Registration
For a seamless registration process, please keep the following documents ready:
- PAN card of the business.
- Address proof of the business such as utility bills or rent agreement.
- Registration certificate under Factories Act or Shops & Establishment (if any).
- Date when the business started operations and a documentary proof to support it.
- A copy of the bank statement of the business.
- MoA/AoA, partnership deed, or trust deed.
- Registration numbers such as VAT or CST (if any).
- A list of partners, directors, or members.
- Details about salaries of employees and monthly employment position.
Fee for ESI Registration
The fee starts from Rs. 4999.
Timeline for ESI Registration
It takes anywhere between 15-20 business to get a registration under ESI. This is further subject to the government processing time.
Why Choose PocketLawyer for ESI Registration?
- Experienced and qualified professionals with more than 12 years of experience.
- Access to highly qualified professionals anytime, anywhere in India.
- Fixed price. No hidden fees or long-term commitment.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Our money back guarantee makes sure that you get complete satisfaction, every time you choose our services.
What is more?
- Our dedicated support team is always there to help you with any query or issue that you may have.
- Choosing PocketLawyer means the best service, at the best price.