A freelancer agreement takes place between a individual who provides freelancing services and the entity availing services of such individual. It consists of detailed terms and conditions which are binding on both the parties.
PocketLawyer is India's leading platform for agreement services and understands that no two Freelancer Agreement can be identical. PocketLawyer does not believe in using templates and instead drafts legal agreements from scratch so that the needs of the client can be tailor made into the agreement itself. The agreement will be drafted by an experienced lawyer who understands the importance of a well-drafted Freelancer Agreement.
Who is it for?
You need it if you are:
- A freelancer who provides services to another person or entity, and
- A person or entity hiring the services of a freelance
Benefits of Freelancer Agreement
A freelancer agreement is important for the following reasons.
- Agreeing upon the terms and scope of project.
- Protecting freelancer against misuse and non-payment.
- Protecting service recipient against non-delivery of project.
- Setting out jurisdiction for legal disputes.
- Establishing a professional relationship.
Drafting Freelancer Agreement
It contains terms of mutual agreement between the freelancer and the service recipient. Following are some of the most important clauses which must form part of this agreement.
1. Pricing Clause
It states whether the project is chargeable on completion or per article/hour/word.
2. Payment Schedule
This clause states the mode and manner of payment and invoicing.
It is important to work out the cancellation fee in case a project gets scrapped. This clause determines the fee that the freelancer will charge on cancellation of a project mid-way.
4. Point of contact
Establishing a point of contact is necessary to avoid miscommunication between the client and freelancer. This clause will specify the point of contact between two parties so as to ensure clear communication.
5. Ownership of Intellectual Property
Defining this clause in clear terms is absolutely necessary. Both parties need to be in complete agreement about the ownership of intellectual property like copyright, designs, and trademark.
Both parties to a freelancer agreement need to agree upon terms of revisions in the project. It is important to agree upon the fee for revisions, if any. If there are free revisions, a limit to the number of revisions needs to be set.
This clause sets out the deadlines for completing the project to avoid disputes in the future.
This clause will specify the jurisdiction for all legal disputes.
Procedure for custom-drafted Agreement
- Initial consultation and discussion
- The Expert will draft customized contract with placeholders for custom fields.
- The first draft will be shared in three (3) days
- Two round of changes to the first draft.
What is the fee?
Fee for preparing a freelancer agreement starts from Rs. 4999.
Why Choose PocketLawyer for drafting Agreement?
- Experienced and qualified professionals with 12 years of average experience.
- Access to highly qualified professionals anytime, anywhere in India.
- Tailor-made agreement to fit the exact needs of clients
- Fixed price. No hidden fees or long-term commitment.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Our money back guarantee makes sure that you get complete satisfaction, every time you choose our services.
What is more?
- Our dedicated support team is always there to help you with any query or issue that you may have.
- Choosing PocketLawyer means the best service, at the best price.
Most importantly, we deliver what we promise. On time, every time.