An immigrant visa allows a foreign citizen to move to a country for permanent residence. It is compulsory to have an immigrant visa before you can permanently move to another country.
It is the first step towards becoming a legal citizen of any country.
Who can apply for an immigrant visa?
A U.S citizen can file the application. He/she can do it for:
- Son or daughter
- Brother or sister
A Green Card Holder can file an application for:
- Unmarried son or daughter
Can anyone get an immigrant visa?
No. You need to fulfill the following conditions.
- Have a sponsorship from a US citizen relative, US permanent citizen, or a prospective employer.
- Be a beneficiary of an approved visa petition.
Moreover, for some categories of immigrant visa, the number of visas is limited each year. So, there might be a waiting list for getting the visa. In such cases, priority date will be a relevant factor for deciding whether you get the visa or not.
What is the Process?
It involves the following steps.
Submit a petition.
If the petition is approved.
- Check priority date.
- Start National Visa Center (NVC) processing.
- Choose an agent.
- Pay the fee.
Submit documents and forms to NVC.
- Submit visa application.
- Collect financial and supporting documents.
- Submit the documents to NVC.
Schedule the Interview.
- Prepare for the interview
- Appear for the interview.
After the interview.
- Approval of visa
- Denial of visa
What documents do I need?
- Proof of petitioner's ability to support you.
- Affidavit of support form in I 864. You need it in most family-based cases and in some employment based cases.
- Proof of domicile
- Evidence of income
- IRS tax transcript
- Proof of U.S status
- Proof of assets
- Social Security Earnings Statement
- Proof of relationship
- Other Supporting Documents
What is the fee?
It depends on the country. The petition fee in the US is between $ 535 and $ 775. The processing fee in the US is $ 325 for family based visas and $ 345 for employment-based visas. The affidavit of support fee is $ 120.
Apart from this, an immigrant needs to pay the USCIS fee.
All the above information is specific to the USA. The process may be slightly different for different countries.
Why choose PocketLawyer for Society Registration?
- Experienced and qualified professionals with 12 years of average experience.
- Access to highly qualified professionals anytime, anywhere in India.
- Fixed price. No hidden fees or long-term commitment.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Our money back guarantee makes sure that you get complete satisfaction, every time you choose our services.
What is more?
- Our dedicated support team is always there to help you with any query or issue that you may have.
- Choosing PocketLawyer means the best service, at the best price