Import Export Code
An Import Export Code, also known as IEC is a code allotted to persons or businesses importing goods into or exporting goods from India. It is a 10 digit number which is issued by the DGFT, Ministry of Commerce.
Features of Import Export Code Registration
An IEC has the following features and benefits.
- It acts as the primary proof that a firm is an importer or exporter.
- Import or export cannot be done without first obtaining an IEC.
- A proprietor can also obtain an IEC, without registering his business.
- Once issued, an IEC exists for a lifetime. This means that it does not need any renewal.
- It is not compulsory for import or export of goods for personal or governmental purposes.
- Quoting an IEC is compulsory when importing or exporting goods.
- IEC is compulsory for making foreign bank transfers in relation to business.
- It is valid for all branches of importer or exporter.
Documents for Import Export Code Registration
For a seamless registration process, please keep the following documents and details ready:
- A certificate from your banker.
- Self-attested copies of your PAN card (company's or partnership's PAN card in case of company or partnership).
- Your passport sized photographs. Moreover, the photograph on the certificate given by bank needs attestation by the bank manager.
- Details of your bank account.
- Application form which must have your signature on every page.
- Date of formation of business.
- A list of partners/directors as well as details such as address and phone number.
- MoA/AoA or partnership deed.
- Company's letter heads (two copies).
Fee for Import Export Code Registration
The government fee starts from Rs. 1000 and the professional fee starts from Rs. 999.
Timeline for Import Export Code Registration
We will file your application within 24 hours of receiving all relevant details from your end. Moreover, the usual government processing time is 15-20 days.
How PocketLawyer Can Help?
Do you need any help with getting an Import Export Code for your business? You can find a one-stop hassle free solution at PocketLawyer.
At PocketLawyer, you can post your requirement and get the best price quotation of lawyers as well as other professionals. These professionals are experts in commercial matters and can provide you their best services at affordable price.
Need any further help? Contact us now.