One Person Company Registration
One Person Company (OPC) is a unique mode of doing business. It allows a single person to form a company. Hence, the name One Person Company makes its aim and meaning clear. However, this was not possible before 2013. The Companies Act of 2013 brought the concept of One Person Company in India for the first time.
Forming an OPC needs a minimum capital of INR 1, 00,000 and only one member. This member can also act as the director of the OPC. Please note that only a natural person can form an OPC. A natural person means a human being. Also, this person will need to nominate another natural person who will act as the member of OPC if the original member dies.
PocketLawyer is India's leading platform for business registration services and we make the process of One Person Company Registration easy and hassle-free for you. In addition to One Person Company Registration, PocketLawyer can also help you with registration of Limited Liability Partnership (LLP), Partnership Firm, Sole Proprietorship, Private Limited Company, Section 8 Company, Nidhi Company, Producer Company and more.
Benefits of One Person Company
Some benefits of doing business as an OPC are:
- Limited liability.
- Only one shareholder.
- The same shareholder can act as the director as well.
- Freedom of operation.
- Certain relaxations such as tax-benefits and lesser compliance burden.
- Fast decision making.
- A separate legal entity.
Documents for One Person Company Registration
Before you go for registration of your OPC, go through the below checklist. It lists out the documents and details you need for registration:
- A digital signature certificate in the name of the director.
- A Director Identification Number (DIN)
- Form DIR 12 (only if you wish to appoint a director other than you)
- No Objection Certificate from the nominee in Form INC 3.
- Identity proof of the member and the nominee.
- Address proof of the member and the nominee.
- PAN of the member as well as the nominee.
- Proof of address for registered office.
Timeline for OPC Registration
Usually, registration of an OPC takes between 14 and 20 days. However, please note that this is subject to approval by the Registrar of Companies. So, if everything goes right, registration of your OPC should take about 20 days. This also includes the time it takes for getting a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) in the director's name.
Fee for OPC Registration
Government fee starts from Rs 5000 and increases as the capital contribution increases. The Professional fee starts from Rs 3500. This amount does not include other charges such as PAN card fee or DSC fee.
Why choose PocketLawyer for OPC Registration?
- Experienced and qualified professionals with 12 years of average experience.
- Access to highly qualified professionals anytime, anywhere in India.
- Fixed price. No hidden fees or long-term commitment.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Our money back guarantee makes sure that you get complete satisfaction, every time you choose our services.
What is more?
- Our dedicated support team is always there to help you with any query or issue that you may have.
- Choosing PocketLawyer means the best service, at the best price.