A patent gives its owner the exclusive right to make and sell a product. It also enables the owner to prevent unauthorized production and sale of his invention. Patent registration in India takes places under the Patents Act, 1970. The term of patent protection in India is 20 years.
PocketLawyer is India's leading platform for Patent and Trademark Registration services. We make the process of Patent Registration easy and hassle-free for you. In addition to Patent Registration, PocketLawyer can also help you with Trademark Registration, Design Registration, Copyright Registration and more.
Features of Patent
In order to be eligible for patent, an invention must satisfy the following three conditions.
- Inventiveness which means that the invention should not be obvious for a person who is skilled in the relevant art.
- Industrial utility which means that the invention must be capable of being used and produced in an industry.
- Novelty which means that the patent is not available in public domain before the date of application.
Benefits of Patent
Getting a patent has the following benefits:
- You can generate revenue by selling it or renting it.
- It may give you the monopoly in the market.
- You will be able to use it for expanding or building a business.
- It will make raising capital for business easier.
- You can also receive royalty by licensing it.
Steps in Patent Registration
Following steps are involved in the registration of a patent, from the very first step till the last:
- Patent search which determines whether your invention is eligible for the patent.
- Preparing the application.
- Drafting of claims stating what the invention claims to do.
- Making a request for publication.
- Requesting examination of the invention.
- Responding to objections (if any).
- Renewing the patent (subject to approval).
Documents for Patent Registration
At the initial stage, you will need the following documents:
- Provisional or complete specification (two copies).
- Two copies of the drawing (if needed).
- Details such as number, date of filing and the current status of a foreign patent (two copies).
- Power of Attorney.
- A declaration about the inventor-ship.
- Title of the invention.
- Details of the applicant such as name, address, and nationality.
- Priority document (if claiming priority).
Apart from this, we may also need some additional documents at later stages of registration. We will ask you to provide the relevant information and/or details as and when the need arises.
Fee for Patent Registration
Our all-inclusive package for registration of patent starts from Rs. 22999.
Timeline for Registration of Patent
Please allow us a period of at least 10 days to file your patent application. This is because drafting a patent application needs minute attention to detail. Moreover, the time taken for actual registration will depend on government processing and will be subject to various other factors as well.
Why choose PocketLawyer for Patent Registration?
- Experienced and qualified professionals with 12 years of average experience.
- Access to highly qualified professionals anytime, anywhere in India.
- Fixed price. No hidden fees or long-term commitment.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Our money back guarantee makes sure that you get complete satisfaction, every time you choose our services.
What is more?
- Our dedicated support team is always there to help you with any query or issue that you may have.
- Choosing PocketLawyer means the best service, at the best price