Provisional patent is a facility that allows you to file an application for patent even before the invention is fully developed. The Patent law in India allows you to file for a provisional patent application 12 months before filing a regular patent application. This means that you must file for regular registration within 12 months of filing for provisional registration. Otherwise, the patent office will assume that you have abandoned your application.
PocketLawyer is India's leading platform for Patent Registration services. We make the filing of Provisional Patent Application easy and hassle-free for you. In addition to filing of Provisional Patent, PocketLawyer can also help you with Patent Registration, Trademark Registration, Design Registration, Copyright Registration and more.
Benefits of Provisional Patent
- The biggest benefit is that you do not need to file a formal claim. Filing a claim is mandatory in case of regular patent.
- If you make a provisional application, you can claim priority at the time of filing application for final invention.
- It offers interim protection to the invention.
- You get one full year to ascertain whether your invention is commercially viable.
- The filing cost is lower than that of regular patent.
- It protects the confidentiality of your invention.
- You can also use the 'patent pending' notice to discourage theft of your invention.
Documents for Provisional Patent
- A declaration about the inventor-ship.
- Specification which may be either provisional or complete.
- Title of the invention.
- Details of the applicant such as name, address, and nationality.
- Power of Attorney.
- Details of foreign patent such as number, present status and the date of filing.
- Drawings (if needed).
- Priority document (if claiming priority).
Fee for Provisional Patent
The government fee starts from Rs. 1600 and the professional fee starts from Rs. 7000.
Timeline for Provisional Patent
We will file the application within 2-3 business days of receiving all relevant details and documents from your end. But the processing time may vary according to government procedure.
Why choose PocketLawyer for Provisional Patent Registration?
- Experienced and qualified professionals with 12 years of average experience.
- Access to highly qualified professionals anytime, anywhere in India.
- Fixed price. No hidden fees or long-term commitment.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Our money back guarantee makes sure that you get complete satisfaction, every time you choose our services.
What is more?
- Our dedicated support team is always there to help you with any query or issue that you may have.
- Choosing PocketLawyer means the best service, at the best price