Shop Act Registration
Shop Act Registration Certificate or Shop Act Licence is a kind of permit that is issued by the government of a state. It takes place under the specific state law governing shops as well as commercial establishments. The Department of Labour is responsible for making all registrations under this law. It is also known as Gumasta License in Mumbai.
Moreover, it is compulsory to register under this act within 30 days of starting the business. Also, the registration certificate will be valid only for 5 years. It has to be renewed after the expiry of 5 years.
PocketLawyer is India's leading platform for Government registrations & licenses. We make the process of Shops & Establishments Registration easy and hassle-free for you. In addition to Shop Act Registration, PocketLawyer can also help you with Import Export Code, GST Registration, ESI Registration, Trade License Registration, SSI/MSME Registration and more.
Categories of Shops & Establishments
The law governing shops and establishments applies to:
- Retail or wholesale shops.
- Premises from where services are provided to customers.
- Store-rooms, godowns, and warehouses.
- Any other place of work.
- Residential hotels.
- Restaurants or eating houses.
- Theater or any other place of public amusement or entertainment.
Features of Shop Act Registration
Registration under Shop Act is compulsory so as to regulate the following aspects of a business.
- Opening and closing time of business.
- Closing days.
- Hours of Work.
- Weekly off-days and leave policy for employees.
- Payment of wages for holidays.
- Cleanliness of business premises and other factors such as ventilation etc.
- Breaks for meals or taking rest.
- Precautions and provisions for any accidents.
- Maintenance of records.
- Policy of dismissal of employees.
- Time of payment of wages as well as other conditions.
- Provisions against employing children.
Documents for Shop Act Registration
Every state has a different registration procedure. Therefore, the documents needed in each state may vary. However, usually you will need the following documents and details.
- Name of the shop or business.
- Full address of the business.
- Name of the occupier or employer.
- Nature of the business. For example, bakery, boutique etc.
- State where the shop or business is located.
- ID proof of the occupier/employer such as voter ID, aadhar, or passport.
- PAN card of the employer or occupier.
- Proof of address of business such as utility bills like electricity or telephone, or rent deed/agreement etc.
- Category of establishment, such as shop, restaurant, theater etc.
Fee for Shop Act Registration
The government fee varies with the state and also with the number of employees. However, the difference is minor and the fee amount is more or less the same. For instance, in Maharashtra, it starts from Rs. 120 and from Rs. 100 in Madhya Pradesh. The professional fee starts from Rs. 2000.
Timeline for Shop Act Registration
We will file your application within 24 hours of receiving all relevant details from your end. Moreover, the average government processing time is 15 days.
Why Choose PocketLawyer for Shop Act Registration?
- Experienced and qualified professionals with more than 12 years of experience.
- Access to highly qualified professionals anytime, anywhere in India.
- Fixed price. No hidden fees or long-term commitment.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Our money back guarantee makes sure that you get complete satisfaction, every time you choose our services.
What is more?
- Our dedicated support team is always there to help you with any query or issue that you may have.
- Choosing PocketLawyer means the best service, at the best price.