The terms Trademark Registration and Trademark Filing are often used in place of each other. However, both are different. Trademark filing only includes the filing of an application for registration of a trademark. On the other hand, Trademark Registration covers the entire process from start to finish.
Steps in Trademark Registration
Below are all the steps involved in the registration of a trademark, from the very first step till the last:
- Trademark Search
- Drafting a search report
- Preparing the Application
- Filing the Application
- Making changes or corrections in the application (if any)
- Replying to Examination Report
- Attending hearings in the office of Registrar or the Intellectual Property Appellate Board (IPAB)
- Drafting petitions and/or replies to objections/oppositions.
- Making any changes after registration
- Renewal of Trademark
Documents for Trademark Registration
- Initially, you will need the following documents.
- Name, address and nationality of the applicant.
- If the applicant is a partnership firm, then names of all partners.
- Name and description of goods as well as services for which you want to register your trademark.
- A high-resolution soft copy of the trademark.
- Place of incorporation (if the applicant is a company).
- Power of Attorney.
- Date of use of Trademark in India (if already in use).
- A translation of non-English words in the Trademark (if any).
Apart from this, we may also need some additional documents at later stages of registration. We will ask you to provide the relevant information and/or details as and when the need arises.
Fee for Trademark Registration
Our all-inclusive package for registration of trademark starts from Rs. 15000.
Timeline for Trademark Registration
On an average, trademark registration takes anywhere between 1.5-2 years. This is further subject to objections and/or oppositions if the Registrar or another party raises any. However, you can start using the mark ™ as soon as we file your application. We will file your application within 2-3 business, once we receive all relevant details from your end. You can use the mark ® after its registration with the Trademark Office.
Do you need any help with registration of a trademark? You can find a one-stop hassle free solution at PocketLawyer.
How PocketLawyer Can Help?
At PocketLawyer, you can post your requirement and get the best price quotation of lawyers as well as other professionals. These professionals are experts in trademark registration and can provide you their best services at affordable price.
Need any further help? Contact us now.