Trademark is a form of Intellectual Property which distinguishes or differentiates your business identity from other businesses. It can be your business name, logo, slogan, domain name etc. Once your trademark is registered other businesses or individuals are restricted or not allowed to use it.
The terms Trademark Registration and Trademark Filing are often used in place of each other. Trademark filing only includes the filing of an application for registration of a trademark whereas Trademark Registration covers the entire process from filing an application to get the registration done. It usually takes 2 days in trademark application filing after which you can start using (TM). On the other hand, complete trademark registration takes 18 months and after obtaining the registration you can use (R).
PocketLawyer is India's leading platform for Patent, Trademark and Copyright Registration services. We make the process of Trademark Registration easy and hassle-free for you. In addition to Trademark Registration, PocketLawyer can also help you with Trademark Filing, Copyright Registration, Design Registration, Patent Registration and more.
Steps in Trademark Registration
Below are all the steps involved in the registration of a trademark, from the very first step till the last:
- Trademark Search
- Drafting a search report
- Preparing the Application
- Filing the Application
- Making changes or corrections in the application (if any)
- Replying to Examination Report
- Attending hearings in the office of Registrar or the Intellectual Property Appellate Board (IPAB)
- Drafting petitions and/or replies to objections/oppositions.
- Making any changes after registration
- Renewal of Trademark
Documents for Trademark Registration
Initially, you will need the following documents:
- Name, address and nationality of the applicant.
- If the applicant is a partnership firm, then names of all partners.
- Name and description of goods as well as services for which you want to register your trademark.
- A high-resolution soft copy of the trademark.
- Place of incorporation (if the applicant is a company).
- Power of Attorney.
- Date of use of Trademark in India (if already in use).
- A translation of non-English words in the Trademark (if any).
Apart from this, we may also need some additional documents at later stages of registration. We will ask you to provide the relevant information and/or details as and when the need arises.
Fee for Trademark Registration
Our all-inclusive package for registration of trademark starts from Rs. 20000.
Timeline for Trademark Registration
On an average, trademark registration takes anywhere between 1.5-2 years. This is further subject to objections and/or oppositions if the Registrar or another party raises any. However, you can start using the mark ™ as soon as we file your application. We will file your application within 2-3 business, once we receive all relevant details from your end. You can use the mark ® after its registration with the Trademark Office.
Why choose PocketLawyer for Trademark Registration?
- Experienced and qualified professionals with 12 years of average experience.
- Access to highly qualified professionals anytime, anywhere in India.
- Fixed price. No hidden fees or long-term commitment.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Our money back guarantee makes sure that you get complete satisfaction, every time you choose our services.
What is more?
- Our dedicated support team is always there to help you with any query or issue that you may have.
- Choosing PocketLawyer means the best service, at the best price.