Trademark renewal means the extension of the term of trademark protection. This term of protection is 10 years in India. After the expiry of this period, anyone can use your trademark. This is because it comes out into the public domain. Therefore, it is important to renew your trademark before its term expires.
PocketLawyer is India's leading platform for Trademark Registration services. We make the process of Trademark Renewal easy and hassle-free for you. In addition to Trademark Renewal, PocketLawyer can also help you with Trademark Registration, Patent Registration, Copyright Registration and more.
Steps for Trademark Renewal
- File a renewal application before the expiry of the term of trademark.
- Pay the renewal fee.
Please note that you can file a renewal application within six months of the expiry of the term of the trademark. However, it is always a wise step to file for renewal before the expiry of the original term. Not only does it save the late fee that would have been payable otherwise, it also ensures continued protection.
Documents for Trademark Renewal
For renewing the registration of your trademark, you need the following details and documents.
- Power of Attorney signed by the applicant.
- A copy of the original trademark registration certificate.
- A copy of the Form TM 1.
- ID proof as well as the address proof of the applicant.
- Letter of Authorization (if an agent is filing the application applicant's behalf).
Fee for Trademark Renewal
The government fee starts from Rs. 5000 and the professional fee starts from Rs 2000. The government fee varies depending on various factors. Some such factors are the time within which the renewal application is filed and whether the mark is a collective trademark or not.
Timeline for Trademark Renewal
We will file the application for renewal within 2 days business of receiving all documents from your end. The government processing time depends on the particulars of your application.
Why Choose PocketLawyer for Trademark Renewal?
- Experienced and qualified professionals with 12 years of average experience.
- Access to highly qualified professionals anytime, anywhere in India.
- Fixed price. No hidden fees or long-term commitment.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Our money back guarantee makes sure that you get complete satisfaction, every time you choose our services.
What is more?
- Our dedicated support team is always there to help you with any query or issue that you may have.
- Choosing PocketLawyer means the best service, at the best price